Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Strange ads of the good old days











I just wrote a story for the May newsletter that included a few vintage ads. There are so many ads from the 40's and 50's and a few from the 60's that were amazing but for a lack of space, couldn't be used. Also, there are a few ads that were so "way over the top" that they bordered on dangerous and I wondered how they ever were made in the first place. Since I started this blog as a place to use stuff that can't be used in the newsletter for whatever reason, I will show these ads. Enjoy them and shake your head and say as I did, "How did we ever survive those times.











































fag was slang for cigarette

























Red Grange endorsing a whiskey









No comments:

Post a Comment